The design on these was holly, which I had painted on in relief gel, so I sanded the drawer fronts down to get rid of the holly leaf outline…
The holly berries had been also drawn on in this gel on the top and sides of the box but I decided to leave them, they make an interesting texture.
I used a Pentel gold marker and covered the entire box and drawer fronts including the little drawer pulls.
I allowed this to dry and then took a trusty Sharpie in green and started to draw a swirl, as I have been doing some gardening today the shape made me think of the ferns in the garden starting to come to life by unfurling…
So then I started to add ferns to my swirls.
When I had finished both sides, top and front I added a series of dots in a dark blue just to one side of the ferns.
And that is it, I will put it in my shop soon.
Thanks for reading,