I decided on making a cover for my sewing machine and went armed with my measurements and the plastic cover which came with the machine.
It can be quite daunting when starting a new project but I was soon underway, having chosen my fabrics for the ‘grass’ the flowery base of the caravan and the top.
The grass and the flowers and the creamy top colour were sewn together and then the quilting began.. so exciting. There was a pattern of course, you can easily find these online.
One the whole thing was quilty it was shaped and then we started on the doors and windows. Due there being so much chatting and laughing during the day, I made my windows and curtains and started on the window frames and then took it all home to finish…. with plenty of helpful advice!
When I was home I decided to add a vase of flowers to one window and a window box to another….
This was just a few leaves drawn on with a fabric pen, a felt vase and a few yellow buttons.
After sewing everything together it’s done! I’m very pleased with it. I added bunting too.
The sharp eyed of you may notice that Mrs Littleton has also made one…
Thanks for reading,