I bought a box years ago and use it to store my paintbrushes in, it’s just covered in a paper and the other weekend whilst sitting at my desk trying to decide what I wanted to do, I found myself staring at just the thing. My boring old box.
I decided to cover it …
So I removed the catch and gave it a good rub down.
Then I selected a pack of papers I had recently picked up at The Works and started cutting up a selection.
I splodged some PVA glue on the box and started laying the papers on.
I overlapped the curved top and with plenty of PVA both under and on top of the paper I massaged it over the curves.
I left it to dry and then trimmed any papers that needed it and gave the whole thing another coat of PVA.
I screwed the catch back on and voila it’s got a new lease of life and goes with my room colours more.
It was only when photographing it that I noticed the missed section on the front! This has now been rectified.
Thanks for reading
Back soon, Rosie