The project of upcycling the little wooden box which I started last week is finished.
I hummed and hahhed for ages trying to decide what I wanted to do on the top, after taking off the original paper picture.
But finally I decided to draw into the wood with an empty ball point pen, this pen has a very hard nib and proved a useful tool for embossing on the wood.
I kept the design extremely simple.
Once I was happy I got out the wood stain and gave it a good soaking…. after a few hours I patted off the excess.
Left it over night to properly dry and then gave it a coat of varnish.
I rather like it now – because the designed has been embossed into the wood it has a texture as well as the image of the design.
Think this one to keep!
Thanks for reading,
back next week