This week I have made two whole outfits…including hats! Of course they are quite small….the outfits in question are for the dollshouse figures Mr and Mrs Littleton.
Mrs Littleton had been feeling a little dowdy in her latest clothes
– she felt that she was still in the Victorian era when, as it’s now 1908 she is well and truly an Edwardian… her new clothes for the upcoming trip to Italy are much more the thing….
Here’s her new outfit
Mr Littleton had only ever had a change of waistcoat, I wasn’t sure about making trousers but I used his old ones for a pattern and when struggling with his lapels, I remembered that apart from here I would only ever show him in black and white so I cheated and used felt.
Mrs Littleton’s hat was just a brim cut from felt and then the top was felt which I moulded with my thumb to the shape of her head, then whilst she was moulding it to her head I painted it with PVA glue and stuck the flowers on.
Mr Littleton’s wasn’t so easy as there were no flowers to cover it… so I cut the brim again, then the top of the hat was soaked in PVA and moulded to his head, then I ran my nail over and over until I had the nice ridge in the top… once dry I added the band of darker felt.
They are very happy with their new look, you can follow their story here.
Thanks for reading