The doll house which will be set in the 1920’s had a perfectly lovely bed in it.. but I thought I’d change it.
I took off the cover it came with and pulled the mattress off the base, I covered this with some linen and fixed it back in place with glue.
Then I found a lace handkerchief and so as to keep the nice corners I folded it down the middle and laid over the mattress.
This little bedspread was crocheted with some fine wool I found in my mother -in-laws unwanted sewing materials, I thought it might be darning wool but a colleague thought it was sock wool. Either could be correct!
So I found the smallest crochet hook I had – and started a straightforward granny square but just kept going until I had run out of wool! As this was not big enough I used some cream to finish it off.
The pillow was covered in another handkerchief – with lily of the valley embroidered on and then backed with a small piece of crochet.
Once everything was done I made the bed up and now it’s ready.
Still along way to go before the house is ready though!
Thanks for reading, Back soon